Arc Duo is very dedicated to educational and outreach experiences. Through interactive and enthusiastic workshops the Duo aims (a) to foster an enduring joy and appreciation of classical music, (b) to strengthen the connection between audience and performer by bringing chamber music into ‘close quarters’, and (c) to share a love of chamber music and the Arts.
Arc Duo has been ensemble-in-residence at The Diller-Quaile School of Music since 2003, and the Duo’s comprehensive and coordinated approach to lifelong music education is influenced by some of the School’s core principles:
· The capacity for understanding and creating music is in everyone.
· Music provides a lifelong source of enjoyment, self-expression, and opportunity for growth.
· The student is best served when teaching is responsive to intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development.
Through interactive performances and workshops, Arc Duo has brought chamber music to life in schools, nursing homes and hospitals. Together, Heather and Bradley have significant experience teaching in the following formats:
· Private instrumental instruction
· Group music theory classes
· Chamber music coachings
· Master classes
· Music history lectures
· Concert ‘Informances’
Arc Duo Masterclass at Peabody Institute's Preparatory Division
Arc Duo Workshop for young musicians in Austin, TX